Lichfield Waterworks Trust – Membership Application Form
Our aims are to:
(1) To promote and preserve for the benefit of the public the Grade II* listed nineteenth-century Sandfields Pumping Station complex and associated infrastructure, and to facilitate its safety, conservation, security and accessibility.
(2) To promote and preserve for the benefit of the public the unique 1873 Cornish Beam Engine and other fixtures and fittings situated at Sandfields Pumping Station, Chesterfield Road, Lichfield.
(3) To promote access to Sandfields Pumping Station for the purposes of education, arts, community development, and protection of the historic environment.
(4) To work in partnership, as appropriate, to promote the social and historical context of Sandfields Pumping Station in Staffordshire and the West Midlands, and to build a community of interest around these topics.
(5) To promote, manage, maintain and restore water supply industry infrastructure assets and archives which are of historical significance for the benefit of the public.
(6) To acquire, disseminate, publish and make accessible historical information, archival material, artefacts and experiences relating to Britain’s water supply industry for the purposes of education, recreation, tourism and community development.
Membership – Ordinary Voting Member
Membership is currently free, We do of course welcome a small donation and is renewable on 1 May each year. Membership is open to anyone who is interested furthering these purposes.
To join us in this exciting project, please fill in your personal details in the boxes below and click submit>>.
I wish to become a Member of LWT: –
The LWT committee meets once a month and you are welcome at any meetings, presently held on the last Thursday of each month at a Lichfield venue, advised at the time.
You will be sent meeting minutes and other communications and offered the chance to support our activities which presently include
- Talks to interested groups
- Manning the LWT display boards at local events
- Participation in the Bower procession
- Participation in Heritage Open Days etc
- Sponsoring items such as locks, wire wool, ladders, marketing material
- Offering your time
- Offering your ideas